Intention and Purpose

Intention + Purpose = Results 

in·ten·tion
a thing intended; an aim or plan
pur·pose



the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
Purpose is the object to be reached, or reached for, by your actions. It's the bigger picture. It's the why. Intention is the specific motion to move toward it.

Sounds pretty simple and makes sense to me BUT there are a million different things that get in the way of putting these two simple words into action.... I have had so many intentions of doing so many things in my life the past few years but just couldn't get myself to buy into the purpose.... the purpose being ME.  Intentions to lose weight, exercise, save money, plan trips, blog, end bad relationships, strengthen old relationships, organize life, find balance, pursue different money making dreams, make a podcast, read more books, be in the now, breathe, slow down, blah blah blah....  pretty much doing the impossible all in one quick swoop which the end result pretty much always ends in failure.  Not because I'm a failure but the purpose behind the intentions of trying to do it all were not valid or thought out.  

My most recent "right place/right time" moment just happened to fall in my lap around the last day of school (3 days ago LOL).  I have reached my limit of feeling sorry for myself and having all good intentions but allowing all good excuses to over run the show.  It wasn't making me feel good and it wasn't filling any of my purposes.  I have wanted to get myself back in the "zone" of healthy eating and feeling good but couldn't seem to get there no matter how hard I tried.  I happened to see a FB post of a friend from work who mentioned that she recently lost 13 pounds and I had to stop in her classroom to ask her a school related question and in typical Kelly fashion I never asked her what I wanted to ask her but instead started inquiring on how she lost the weight which led me to another friend from work who told me about some secret underground weightloss healthy lifestyle group she was running and I asked for the secret knock to join and here I am :) 

I do have to say that this was one of the craziest years in teaching that I have ever had in terms of number of students/kids needs, personalities, academic levels/maturity levels, love of legos, firefighters, and the show COPS/caseloads/paperwork/classes/meetings/putting out Tik Tok bullying and on top of it all, being judged by others.  My twin teacher bestie across the hall from me was in the same sinking boat.  We truly couldn't catch a break and would stress eat and drink our way through life.  At one point we even tried to do a juice cleanse to break the cycle and jump start us on the right track, even pulling in one of my besties who is a rockstar, single mom and nurse and well that too was a fail for all of us LOL...the yard house kept on calling... spinach dip, Grey Goose Strawberry Mules and Smoked Old Fashioneds for the win.... add work stress with life stress think court dates, PFA's, new addresses and praying on security deposits to help pay the bills.... my poor Bevmerica LOL 

Sooooo with that being said and leaving out about 1395938948 minor details, I have decided that for me personally MY intentions with purpose have to be small... when they are too big they get lost and cause failure and frustration.. I have to work with what I have and go easy on myself...now that the noise of work has calmed down and I am able to do mini escapes to the shore with some peace and quiet minus being a personal assistant to B and C I can see a little more clearly... so this week my intentions backed with purpose are: 

1.) I will not compare myself to others on this journey or on social media in general

2.) I will make conscious choices and eat all meals/snacks/drinks without regret b/c I am okay with what I pick at that moment

3.) I will incorporate some sort of "extra" movement into my day even if it is just 20 lunges on the walk home from the beach

4.) I will learn to re-love myself and know my worth

5.) I will except the fact that I'm just not a morning person but I'm willing to work on it


And that is all for today.... peace is good... shout out to Christina I for reminding me how much I do love to blog... Happy wednesday y'all! As I finished this entry, the sun just finished setting over the bay which reminds me that tomorrow is a new day and that there are no regrets about today...

Intentions with Purpose 💗





 

Comments

Unknown said…
Yes!!! I’m so happy you wrote this! And you let yourself breathe. E4L NMW ❤️

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Laughing Cow Recipes

Popcorn!